Thursday, January 31, 2013

Day 30

 Can you believe it I have been on the diet for 30 day and lost  13.6  pounds that is pretty good if you ask me. So I have been really trying really hard these last few days to take out the junk snack foods. This has been the hardest part of the diet. Saturday is grocery day and I am going to make sure to buy lots of fruits and veggies and I am also going to try at least 4-5 new recipes soon. I really enjoy cooking and making good food I also like baking but that just makes trouble for me my kids want to start doing some cookies on a Friday afternoon together but I don't think I have the will power not to eat them. So today because my kids and husband don't like pork and I bought some  a couple weeks ago I decided to take that out and make it for lunch and make sure I got dinner done to. Thursday are busy evening for me we don't get home till after 6 so dinner is usually sandwiches and fruit and yogurt and a few other things. Well today I made my self pork chops with Ginger maple sauce I didn't have ginger so I didn't but it in but it tasted amazing also I want to try this sauce that went on veggies called better than butter sauce oh my let me tell you it was amazing too I like the taste so those where two new recipes that I tried today. I recommend them to anyone. Done my exercising did bodyrock than 20 min on the bike. Was about to talk myself out of doing the bodyrock so I did it because its those moments that count for the most.

Breakfast:
2 tsp honey
1 tsp margarine
1 sprouted whole wheat bread
1 yogurt
1 apple sauce ( I make sure to buy unsweetened)
Calories = 275

Lunch:
1 Pork Chop with Ginger maple sauce ( with the pork chop and rice and 2 tbsp sauce 393 calories)
1/2 c rice
1 c mixed veggies
2 tbsp better than butter sauce (25 calories)
Calories = 458

Dinner:
1 Pork Chop with Ginger maple sauce ( with the pork chop and rice and 2 tbsp sauce 393 calories)
1/2 c rice
1 c mixed veggies
2 tbsp better than butter sauce (25 calories)
Calories = 458

Snack:
30 g beef jerky
1 rice crispy square
Calories = 180

Daily total calories = 1371


Pork Chop With Ginger Maple Sauce:
1 medium onion chopped
4 tsp canola oil
1 tbsp minced fresh ginger root
1 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
4 bone-in pork loin chops (6 ounces each)
1/2 c reduced-sodium chicken broth
1/4 c maple syrup
2 cups hot rice

1. In a small skillet over medium low heat, cook onion in 2 tsp oil until golden brown and very tender, about 10 min. Add ginger, cook and stir 2 min longer.

2. Meanwhile,combine the chili powder, salt, pepper and cinnamon; rub over both sides of pork chops. In a skillet over medium heat , brown chops in remaining oil for 2-3 min on each side.

3. Add the broth, syrup and onion mixture. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8-10 min or until meat is tender. Remove chops and keep warm.

4. Bring broth mixture to a boil; cook , uncovered, until liquid is thickened and reduced to 1/2 c. Serve with chops and rice.

Nutrition Facts: 1 pork chop with 1/2 cup rice and 2 tablespoon sauce equals 393 calories, 12g fat (3 g saturated fat), 74 mg cholesterol, 431 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 29 g protein.


Better than Butter Sauce:
 2 tsp cornstarch
1/2 tsp chicken bouillon granules
 1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp onion powder
1/8 tsp tarragon
dash pepper
1/2 c plus 2 tbsp fat-free milk
2 tbsp water

1. In a small saucepan, combine first six ingredients. stir in the milk and water until smooth bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 1 min or until thickened and bubbly serve over hot cooked vegetables.

Nutrition Facts: 2 tbsp equals 14 calories, trace of fat ( trace of saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 110 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.

(Note for the better than butter sauce is that i didn't have any tarragon so i didn't use it and instead of fat-free milk I only had 1 % so I upped my calories to 25 per 2 tbsp.)

No comments:

Post a Comment